Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-26-2024, 02:19 PM   #1
fiend394
fiend394 began at the beginning.

Device: Boox
Docker Calibre - Fail to find covers?

I am going through my library trying to get it all tagged and updated, but occasionally I will come across a book where I cannot find a cover at all. I can probably just add one to these manually, but I am not 100% sure why I am occasionally not able to find covers for books?

I have the google images plugin enabled, and when I manually check google images, I see the cover there. Is there a way to choose a source when downloading metadata?
fiend394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2024, 02:36 PM   #2
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
You have several metadata plugins to choose from, maybe google won't find the cover
dunhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2024, 03:36 PM   #3
fiend394
fiend394 began at the beginning.

Device: Boox
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunhill View Post
You have several metadata plugins to choose from, maybe google won't find the cover
How do you choose from a specific one though? This is where I am losing the plot I think, I cant find anything and I am sure I am skimming right over it
fiend394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2024, 05:12 PM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
When you go to Preferences => Metadata download, which of the metadata source are checked? You might also want to highlight/configure each of the sources (for me, that means turning off ratings and tags as downloadable metadata). Other things are if you use the Kindle Hi-Res covers plugin, it works best if you have the mobi-asin in the book IDs list. If the search returns multiple images, it should show you a box with the existing and downloadable covers so you can select which one you want.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2024, 08:30 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
For covers, there is a Priority number next to each source (and remove the tick for those not to use)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote