Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-04-2024, 07:18 PM   #106
NotSimone
Book Enjoyer
NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I’ve noticed that cloudflare seems to let certain request through if you’ve done a similar request through the browser already - but only if it’s from the same device. I think there’s some kind of whitelist period after you hit it with a browser, which makes this incredibly annoying to test with actually.

Taking the cookie from a browser and sending along with the calibre plugin request doesn’t seem to work either

Re: Firefox - it wouldn’t be able to fill in the calibre metadata. If all you wanted was the cover, it’s not too difficult to grab it manually from the page with the browser.
NotSimone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2024, 06:34 AM   #107
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotSimone View Post
I’ve noticed that cloudflare seems to let certain request through if you’ve done a similar request through the browser already - but only if it’s from the same device. I think there’s some kind of whitelist period after you hit it with a browser, which makes this incredibly annoying to test with actually.

Taking the cookie from a browser and sending along with the calibre plugin request doesn’t seem to work either

Re: Firefox - it wouldn’t be able to fill in the calibre metadata. If all you wanted was the cover, it’s not too difficult to grab it manually from the page with the browser.
How about changing the browser identifier to that of Microsoft Edge and see if that works any better.

Last edited by JSWolf; 06-05-2024 at 06:39 AM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2024, 11:12 AM   #108
NotSimone
Book Enjoyer
NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
As an update - I've gotten past the cloudflare bot protection with cloudscraper. All it needed was a different javascript interpreter and it started going. Hopefully I'll get a fixed version out in the next few days after I figure out how to get everything to import.
NotSimone is offline   Reply With Quote