View Single Post
Old 03-08-2009, 12:02 PM   #14
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
Wood, when you were editing the poll, might you have accidentally lost Ricky's vote? Or is there a problem with the forum software? Truly it does seem to be developing a will of its own.
I didn't click the "show voters" option; however, that data is kept in another file from the vote totals. Even if I changed the line where she voted to zero, it would still show uop as if she voted for that line even if the total is zero. Likewise I could put in the number 70 and only those that actually voted for it would show.

As you identified before, there are two possible causes -- either Ricky clicked the wrong selection or the forum software has developed a mind of its own. The only other thought I have is that I was modifing the poll at the same time Ricky was placing her vote. What might have happened was the browser picked up a copy of the poll results (options and total votes), I added more options, Ricky voted, and I saved the new options that overwrote he vote count. It would not alter what it thought she voted for.

If I was to change a poll results it would be something along the lines of 285 out of 7 votes total for an option. Nothing subtle.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote