View Single Post
Old 02-26-2014, 07:19 PM   #7
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Another choice is to use Atlantis Word Processor. It can make a clean ePub directly from a DOC file and allow you to edit the source easily since it is simple to update the ePub by saving a new copy.

Dale
Yes, you can do that.

Vis-a-vis this, from MickiTee:

Quote:
As an alternative you could use Open Office Writer instead of MS Word. This creates a HTML document with much cleaner code if you select 'File', 'Send' & then 'Create HTML Document' instead of 'File Save as'. Or you could add the Write2Epub extension (has it own forum on MR) to Writer and create your epub directly.
I've just never found that OO outputs code that's any cleaner than Word. It's simply...sort of a choice, as to which cruft you want to clean up. If someone knows how to use Word and Word's Styles, the output is pretty damned clean. If someone uses it like a typewriter, it isn't. {shrug}. It's "pay now" (learn to use the Styles by investing the time to learn it once), or "pay later," (clean up the cruft afterwards by investing the time to clean up each time). I've tested OO's output, and I truly don't see much difference, in terms of the amount of regex/clean-up, etc., required. Word processing output is word-processing output, not sparkly-clean HTML.

That's the essence of it. Unless someone works in Markdown or code, I wouldn't expect that to change dramatically any time soon.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote