View Single Post
Old 02-11-2012, 03:30 PM   #54
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by frahse View Post
(my underlining, -bolding-, and italicizing in the above quote)

So you are basically saying that if you can get away with it, it is acceptable to do so.
I don't wish anything to happen to you like your car being scraped badly at night in a parking garage, or burglars robbing your house, or even strong arm assailants beating you on the street and taking your money, watch, phone, "eReader," etc., but it seems to me that these people, perpetrating these crimes on you, are ignoring the law, getting away with it, and all because of a lack of ability to enforce it, so "well and good" for them at least. There are no morals involved for you or for them.

This is not the world I would like for either myself or my family.
Quote:
Originally Posted by no.guru View Post
You're equating reading an ebook with vandalism, theft, and physical assault. I will ignore your snide little it-would-be-a-shame-if-anything-happened-to-you comments.

There are no moral considerations in treating a legally purchased ebook the same as a paper book. None.

Hold on - I will revise that. If publishers are making a power grab simply because they can - as they are - it is immoral not to oppose them.
You have distorted what I said and to top it off, you say I am being snide. I reject that in whole. You need to check a mirror.
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote