View Single Post
Old 08-11-2011, 11:45 AM   #3
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb74 View Post
I am debating getting a Nook touch but had a few questions first, a million apologies if they been covered elsewhere in the board.
  1. Do non-B&N epub book covers display properly? (Assuming they have one, that is)
  2. How easy is it to change the cover art for both B&N books and non B&N books without using Calibre or metadata edit tool? Can the images be simply swapped out from their location on the unit itself (as they can on the Sony readers)?
  3. How does the pagination work on the Nook Touch? I currently have the Sony PRS-650 and the page progress is not dynamic, so often shows odd page locations such as "213-214 of 264". The Kobo on the other hand only shows chapter progress (unless it's a side-loaded epub, in which case it's only overall page location). I'm hoping the Nook shows chapter AND overall location AND dynamically re-formats if I should happen to change my font size. Any luck?
Thanks all!
If the book does not show the cover, then you have to do some tweaking for it to show. An option is to do an ePub to ePub conversion in Calibre, the other is to manually edit the ePub and edit the metadata (my preferred choice). So, the short answer to your question is "not possible".

In general, there is no difference between sideloaded books and books bought from B&N. I believe you can't use the social media stuff on sideloaded books (for quotes and such), but I haven't used those features, so I could be mistaken, though I believe other people have mentioned this.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote