View Single Post
Old 08-07-2010, 07:03 PM   #9
DarkHaloPrincess
Oooooeeeeeeeee...
DarkHaloPrincess doesn't litterDarkHaloPrincess doesn't litterDarkHaloPrincess doesn't litter

Device: Sony Pocket Edition (Rose Pink) & Kindle 3 (Preordered)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
I put library books on my Kindle all the time. I strip the DRM off to do this. These are usually books that aren't available anywhere legally without DRM. I've never heard a peep out of Amazon about it. If I were them, I would want nothing to do with people's personal documents. The PR fallout would be astronomical for what benefit it would get them. Also, if they set themselves up as being copyright cop, for all I know that could then make them liable for what they don't catch. Too much of a headache.
Thanks! That's what I was thinking - about Amazon not wanting to create too much of a headache.

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan_cassidy View Post
The last page read is tracked on the Kindle itself (does not require access to Amazon). If you want, it can also be backed up to Amazon, so that it can "remember" the last page across devices. It is an option, though. Mine has it turned off. We are a 2-Kindle household, so we don't do that. Otherwise, my husband would end up on the last page I read, and vice-versa.
That's a good tip thanks. I wasn't aware that it could be turned off. I'm just excited for the kindle to arrive now. It's like waiting for a present - but this wait is way too long!
DarkHaloPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote