View Single Post
Old 12-13-2019, 08:18 PM   #59
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallace Lee View Post
I have to insist.

The characters on TOLINO are more focused as confirmed by a famous italian E-reading expert of HDBLOG (I don't remember his name, but Kobo, Tolino and Kindle send him pre-release samples for testing).

Have a look to this link

https://www.hdblog.it/2016/04/26/tolino-vision-3-hd-recensione/

and scroll it down until you find a focusing comparison between different fonts in different devices.
That's the Tolino superiority I am talking about.
It's nothing very obvious, but my eyes are very sensitive to this.
It's a good review. I think the Tolinos are superior also, but mostly because they are open and have Adobe ADE built in. They're also very nicely built. And I do think the fonts are rendered better on the Tolino than on the Kindle or Kobo. But I agree with others that the screen comparison pictures aren't really very convincing — mostly because the Tolino screen picture is taken from further away, so naturally the fonts will seem smoother.

My main reason for liking the Tolino is its openness. As summarized (in Google translate) from the review...

Quote:
To go back to the beginning of the review, Vision 3 HD is a rival to Voyage, rather than Paperwhite 3. It has something more than this and the new Oasis (resistance to liquids, on / off button for light, tap2flip, weight) and something less in the ability to offer a software ecosystem and therefore to buy and manage books less filed, less beautiful, less efficient.

But there is: first and foremost because its goal is to be free from the constraints of a single library, of a single supplier, and then because to get to worry Amazon is a merit that justifies a lot. By construction and made practical if you play it with everyone: then you can prefer it for personal taste, for the desire to try, for the function that is here and there, or for the context in which you will use, to read.
rcentros is online now   Reply With Quote