View Single Post
Old 05-20-2013, 05:37 PM   #3
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
I have 448 epubs on my Glo and it is as fast as it was with just 1 epub. As far as I can see the number of epubs has no effect at all on the speed.
It will when you get over 1000 books on it. I love my Sony 350s, but when I hit 1100+ books on it, I noticed it had slowed down. Not unbearably slow, but enough that I noticed. It happens to all ereaders because of how they index books.

That finally got me over my obsession about carrying every title I own with me at all times and now I just keep between 100-200 books on my reader, any reader, at a time. When I finish one, it gets deleted from the device. I wouldn't like to read plain text files either on my reader, I much prefer the formatting options epubs give you.

All my books are backed up on my hard drive with Calibre though. I'm not recommending entirely deleting your books you own. Just get them off your device when finished with them.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote