View Single Post
Old 12-10-2006, 02:45 PM   #6
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Azimuthal, I too want to thank you for your service. Not too many things I respect as much as the sort of sacrifice you and your shipmates are making. Thank you.

I agree with Harry and Slayda about Baen's e-offerings, and I generally like John Ringo's work, but I've given Ghost and the rest of the "chooser of the slain" series a total miss too. I could tell from the cover blurbs that it was rather too graphic for me to enjoy. I'd commend his other works, and David Weber's in particular to you. I've found them to be very thoughful and thought provoking, as well as just really good reads. And hey, at $4~$6 each (if you buy them individually) for the ones that aren't in the free library, the prices are well within reasonable.

Yeah, the Connect store ... has a ways to go in getting its act together. They're working on adding new titles, but I think they need to focus some more resources on getting their current listings and interface up to snuff, both getting the prices in-line with the going rates (you've clearly found some of the ones that aren't ), and improving the function of the service (there are a number of areas that need work).

Fortunately, MobileRead has a pretty good collection of information, and a lot of workarounds for some of the more annoying bits. Maybe some of the info around here will help you get more out of your Reader. That seems to be one of the driving forces in the MR community, sharing usefull info.

BTW, welcome to MobileRead, we're very glad to have you.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote