View Single Post
Old 09-24-2021, 08:47 AM   #22
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
gryzor2327, first my apologies for having taken your thread off topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gryzor2327 View Post
Thanks. I wasn't aware of that. That's Big to fix, though ; or even to take into account for future books.
Are you talking about Doitsu's observation that the book violates some French typography conventions?

If so, at least some of those look like they should be fixable with reasonably simple find-and-replace (you're already using Unicode open/close quote characters so matching should be fairly reliable), and others with just find and check manually.

I can't speak to the conventions, but there is a trite old saying that applies to publishing: you only get once chance to make a good first impression. A lot of readers will not give a second chance.

Which is sort of sad, because authors are very rarely at their best on their first book. But it's true enough - and certainly I do it often enough.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote