View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 09:51 AM   #117
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by alucarda View Post
Yes of course. But what do reading preferences mean? Do they have any background behind them? You don't choose books randomly do you?
But people do open conversations. Its not a prejudice. Its experience based decision not to bother anymore. Because previous 50 conversations about books with that person brought nothing of value. As I said, I dont care about perfect strangers. Its the people you have relationships that are center of my claims.
Again, this is not some social movements of snobs. This is dynamics of relationship between two people.
My husband doesn't read at all. I don't watch wrestling. Yet we talk about the books I'm reading all the time, and I know which wrestlers are which, and who's the good guy and bad guy this week. Everybody is different. It depends on your relationship with the person I think. Even though we're not interested in each others hobbies for ourselves, we like to talk about them anyway. Just to talk about what we're doing/watching/reading. I had a heck of a time explaining the Wool series to him .
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote