View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 09:12 AM   #113
auntykatkat
Evangelist
auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook/Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by alucarda View Post
And the judgment began
How am I wrong? Is it because I accept that I can't relate to all the people on reading level? I think that's only realistic. Do you think I can discuss about Foucault (I'm currently reading Society Must Be Defended and I love Foucault hihi) with somebody who mostly reads tripe like Harlequin romance?

I just said I cant relate to them on that level, I never said I think I'm better person because of it. There are more levels to humans and this thing called empathy that if you practice it can make you appreciate other people's views. But I don't have the sensibility to read romance or erotica. It doesn't challenge or inspire me in any way. I don't find it enjoyable. Its not for me and what's wrong with that? I would guess that being more selective about your books is usually a good thing.

"It's that attitude that helps snobs."
What? Is there some snob conspiracy that I don't know about? I want credit if I'm helping

And speaking of fantasy, I have no problem with fantasy with romantic elements. I simply don't care for romance with fantasy elements.
Ok, the wrong I meant was to choose to make a judgement to not even open a conversation. How you help the snobs is that the lack of conversation. You have either become one or reinforced their belief in their snobery. IMO
auntykatkat is offline   Reply With Quote