View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 09:53 PM   #11
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by sensoria View Post
(2) Doesn't display or use tags (though Calibre does).
That would be nice.
Quote:
(3) Organization can be iffy. I use Shelves (easy with Calibre and the metadata plugboard) but each book/fic can only be in one shelf -- there's no way to add it to multiple shelves (as far as I know). So deciding how to set up your Shelves takes some thought. If you only read one fandom, for example, you could set up shelves by genre & pairing; or if you only read one pairing, by genre & rating. Etc. Whatever works best for your collection.
You can put a book in as many shelves as you want, both on the device and via calibre.

From calibre, if the shelf column is a tag-type column, just enter multiple shelf names. Or, you can use multiple columns. I usually have a my own shelf column plus the series column. But, I have used the tags column. Have a look at https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=193184 for how to do this.
Quote:
(4) Probably just a personal annoyance :-) but there's no title (or author) display while you're reading. I'd love if a future Kobo update could put the title in small font down where the page number is, or at the top like a paper book. I read a lot of fic and sometimes I get halfway through a story and totally forget the title & author!
I know what you mean, but I'm not sure I would give up the screen space for this. I'd be happy with a way to display the details page from within the book. Also, if you read the Kobo forum, there are a lot more calls for getting rid of the page number area so that more space is available for text.

Last edited by davidfor; 12-04-2012 at 09:56 PM.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote