View Single Post
Old 09-15-2012, 07:53 AM   #250
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex DR800S. K4NT. Kobo Aura, Aura One, Libra 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWarper View Post
Since Iņigo has stated he's not doing any more development for the DR, I guess this is kind of moot.
I don't use it much these days. I read literature in a Kindle 4 NT (portability) and use a Nexus 7 for technical docs (fast zoom, ToC, etc).
Anyway, I already think DR800 is the best ereader ever built.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWarper View Post
However, I'll post what I'd like to see in DR800+ v5:

-Optional (registry entry?) removal of 'SysTray' icons to download content and switch Plane mode on/off.

AFAIK we can't set up MyIrex accounts any more, so we can't officially download content to the device, and 3G connectivity was based on long expired contracts and no one has ever brought it to some degree of utility anyway, so these icons are not only useless but an annoyance because I keep tapping on them by accident when reaching for the battery status or stylus ones.

Of course, removing them from the 'setup' panel as well would be a plus, (I know all you have to do is remove some shortcuts from /usr/share/ctb/settings so I'll eventually do this myself) but these are not as big an annoyance.

-NLS.
-'Open with' alternatives a la MackxPatch, so I can open annotated PDFs directly in 'import' mode with Xournal.
-Ability to rearrange (and remove) start page icons - well, in general, porting MackxPatch back to the DR800

@Iņigo, how difficult do you think this would be? - I'm asking just in case I have to do it myself...
1. this should be easy

2. (NLS = internationalization?). Not too difficult if you have fought with gettext previously. You even can use Mackx's repo translations for many strings

3. "Open with". Some work. You have to port Mackx's code.
Anyway, as the code is already written, I can't say it would be very hard

4. "rearrange start page icons". Same as 3.

I'd like to finish "Navigator" and integrate it with DR. Many of the remaining code is already there but I'd need to move some code and clean it.
I neither have much free time nowdays... but who knows...?

Iņigo
Iņigo is offline   Reply With Quote