Thread: OTG support
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2012, 10:29 AM   #17
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
This is the reference:

It has been such a long time ago that you wrote it, that you evidently forgot you wrote about "non-trivial" actions.
I was talking about devices that are not already built-in, such as keyboard/mouse/USB sound/USB webcam/etc.

There appears to be a built-in USB mass-storage gadget. By "porting" I meant borrowing from other sources such as freescale.com or other freescale-based devices such as the nook simple touch, or compiling from GPL source when necessary. Obviously we should use built-in stuff WHEN it is provided, but we need to locate it first and find out how to load it and use it.

For many people, just finding and reading the required documentation is non-trivial. If it WAS as trivial as you seem to be saying, it would have been done a long time ago. There were complications, which is WHY it has not been done yet. It is not "hard", but it is also not "trivial".

"Trivial" means just getting a USB host mode cable, plugging it in, and using it. Needing to "modprobe" a USB gadget and then to mount the device to use it is non-trivial for most people here. I was correct when I said it was "non-trivial".

Let's not divert this thread into an angry discussion about word definitions of "trivial" and "non-trivial" -- I used them correctly here.

Last edited by geekmaster; 08-13-2012 at 10:34 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote