View Single Post
Old 01-06-2012, 04:55 AM   #3
lecoeur
Connoisseur
lecoeur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lecoeur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lecoeur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lecoeur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lecoeur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lecoeur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lecoeur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lecoeur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lecoeur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lecoeur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lecoeur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
FNAC numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyToews View Post
Interesting but no hard numbers. That is Amazon said they sold over a million units per week in December. This story mentions doubling of sales and 500% increase. Well, going from selling one per week to five per week is 500% increase but not significant.

Don't get me wrong here. I love my Kobo products and such. It's just that this story has no real foundation to it.
Hi Tony,

Amazon started this penchant for never ever revealing actual numbers and even the Dec Amz 'millions' was an approximation and no real hard breakdown of which model was actually selling. The rest of the industry has followed suit in the smoke & mirrors game-for which you can't really blame them. The only hard numbers avail for Kobo came out of France last week(you know the country-no Ebooks, ever, over my dead body, this is the end of civilisation, etc.lol)
http://www.telecompaper.com/news/kob...s-expectations
(for the link shy: they sold over 30,000 kobo touches in 2 weeks in Dec, more than they were expecting to sell in a year.)
lecoeur is offline   Reply With Quote