Thread: Worthless sizes
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2011, 05:18 PM   #1
brewt
Boo-Frickety-Hoo-Erizer
brewt will become famous soon enoughbrewt will become famous soon enoughbrewt will become famous soon enoughbrewt will become famous soon enoughbrewt will become famous soon enoughbrewt will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Glo HD!
Worthless sizes

One of the so-called good things about reflowableness in epubs is being able to make a formerly non-large print book into one on the fly. Trouble is, the set sizings in ADE (and hence, ADE-powered readers) is the default percentage changes with the make-text-larger-or-smaller buttons. I haven't gotten my pica-pole out yet, but it kinds looks sorta like this:

xx-small 75% x-small 89% small 89% medium 100% large 120% x-large 150% xx-large 200%

Now, maybe it's just me, but those ratios suck. I mean, really, who reads anything on the biggest sizes?

Anybody find a clever way to control that a little tighter? Say, ranging from 80% to 130% scale, maybe with a redefinition in the css? (I haven't found anything that works yet).

And is Adobe/Sony/B&N looking at and working on something like this? Infinite control would be better, guys...

-bjc
brewt is offline   Reply With Quote