View Single Post
Old 07-16-2011, 12:39 AM   #13
kiwipippa
Fanatic
kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo glo, kobo touch (dead), kindle touch, android phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by timlegge View Post
Its no picnic

That issue should be corrected in the version released today. You can also work around the issue by connecting an older Kobo to a newer desktop version. It automatically updated the database schema even if you are at an older firmware version.

Unless you have a real need for the bleeding edge you should probably not install the latest of anything unless you need the bugs that come with it ;-)

Tim

Tim
Thanks Tim, we installed 8.10 on my son's PC and it has fixed the problem with the original kobo. I've left 8.7 on my laptop so I can use that with my KT for a few weeks.

Keep up the good work - we certainly appreciate it here, two kobos, android phone, Ipod - calibre keeps them all organised and allows easy transfer between them. We've just started using the content server as well - newspapers and magazines aren't available on the kobo here in New Zealand so my son set up news feeds in calibre and I can read the local newspaper every morning. Great service.
kiwipippa is offline   Reply With Quote