View Single Post
Old 05-29-2011, 03:30 AM   #11
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusk View Post
My previous files - including a file without any table of contents - have gone through Meatgrinder without any problems, which is why it's important to me to identify the exact nature of the problem here.
The problem is not the table of contents that you might have in the DOC file, but the generated NCX built from the chapter-like headings in the text. At least, that's what I'm guessing the conversion does.

If your text has some bold, centered heading saying "Chapter 1", or "The Death of Mary Poppins", or whatever, those are probably detected as "chapters" and included in the NCX (which is a TOC). If your text has none of these and is only plain paragraphs, there are no "chapters" detected and the NCX is empty, which is apparently not allowed. By "adding a title" I mean adding a heading in a different style, that looks like a chapter title.

Quote:
What does "element 'navMap' incomplete; missing required element 'navPoint'" mean?

What does "assertion failed: first playOrder value is not 1" mean?
See the post #4 above, there is a <navMap>, with a <navPoint> inside, and the <navPoint> has a playOrder="1" attribute.

The first message says that in your case there is no <navPoint> inside the <navMap>, and since it is required, the <navMap> is regarded as incomplete. The second message says that the first playOrder attribute is not "1", this is probably a bogus message due to the lack of <navPoint> (and therefore of any playOrder attribute).
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote