View Single Post
Old 01-13-2011, 06:45 AM   #36
MrHatandClogs
MrHatandClogs doesn't litterMrHatandClogs doesn't litter

Device: Literati
First of all, I'd like to say, I had similar problems to what everyone's saying, but after updates and the Factory reset(deletes everything even the free books already on there. You can get them back from the Kobo store for free. And you'll have to reformat the hdd from your computer, which sucks b/c it halves your memory?), it works great. I use adobe digital editions to transfer anything DRM protected. Manually add .pdfs. I've talked to Tech at literati, and they've told my that it isn't being recognized by the Kobo desktop application yet, but they are working on an update right now that will fix this. But you can just sync it by wifi. The subscriptions are awesome, I have a subscription to "The New York Times", everymorning I sync, and there's my new issue, it's awesome!! The .pdf reader is decent, but it's sluggishly slow, I hope they improve this. The landscape mode is great but scrolling is so slow, they need to fix that. I wish the screen was a little better resolution, only b/c I was planning reading Manga on it, but the screen size isn't optimal for this. In landscape manga is nice, but again, reading in landscape take forever b/c the scrolling is so slow, literally like at least a 1 sec delay between scrolls! But other than that I love it. Reading books is a cinch, the night reading mode is awesome! The color screen is beautiful. It has it's cons but for the price the literati is awesome!
MrHatandClogs is offline   Reply With Quote