View Single Post
Old 10-04-2010, 12:24 PM   #4
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
I think the metadata.db file probably has all the metadata in it and is a fairly small file
Best practice AFAIK is to back up the entire library by copying it or archiving it.
Also there is a new backup procedure that creates .opf files qhich I assume are used if your database becomes corrupted
Helen
Just as a remark: Backing up only metadata.db and then restoring it after having made changes in the library may (read: will most certainly) result in inconsistencies between the database and the library folders. Best practice, as has been noted, is indeed to backup the entire library.
If memory serves, the discussion I was talking about spawned the OPF backup scheme.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote