View Single Post
Old 04-11-2018, 07:32 AM   #1
Teeg
Avid Reader
Teeg began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Auro One LE, Kobo Forma
Smart Search when Adding Category Information

I'm really not sure what category this should be posted under, so if it should be posted somewhere else instead, please feel free to move it.

Since I get books from many different sources, sometimes the author's name, in particular, gets messed up, and I need to correct it, especially if I used Send to Kindle on the book at one point.

The way Calibre is set up, when you start typing a tag or author's name, or any other block of information that it recognizes, it shows you what you've added before, which is very helpful. But it only shows the information if you enter it in the exact order that it was added before, which isn't particularly helpful.

For example, let's say that the author information on a book by L. Frank Baum was messed up. Typing Baum won't show a list of authors, Frank will show any authors whose first name is Frank, but won't show who I"m looking for. I have to remember the L. to find the one I want.

This applies to all other categories as well, for example, typing adventure won't show me that I already have an Action and Adventure category set up.

So my question is, is there a setting or a plugin that will make the category searches smarter and search for blocks of information instead of only searching in order?
Teeg is offline   Reply With Quote