View Single Post
Old 07-06-2012, 03:04 AM   #533
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
There's a reason you put them on the list. Now you just need to remember the reason.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
I also revised some of my "mini-challenges" because my interests have shifted a bit. Back at the beginning of the year, there were some books / series I was champing at the bit to read but now I'm "Meh, I'll get to them." Forcing myself to read something I don't feel like reading never goes well, so I'm going to avoid that.
HIMS makes a good point. I'm going to revisit the list and have a think as to why I put them there. I don't think I'll change the named books though. Altering a challenge because I'm not going to do it seems a bit pointless to me. It's not a challenge if I can change the rules at any time (is how it feels to me). If I don't get round to them, then I'll just fail the challenge.

I do agree with Christa that forcing yourself to read something you are no longer in the mood for is a mistake, though. All you end up doing is resenting the book, and rushing to get through it.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote