View Single Post
Old 12-15-2010, 09:46 AM   #7
jj2me
Guru
jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, -350; Kindle 3 3G, DX, PW 2; various tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barneyabz View Post
I use calibre to convert them to mobi - no probelms at all.
And if you've set up Calibre, you can manually send them over wi-fi for free (right-click each ebook in Calibre --> "Connect/share" --> "Email to <yourname>@free.kindle.com"). Calibre will *automatically* send new news, but I don't think it will for books.

- Set up Calibre in Preferences --> Sharing books by email. Easiest to use the hotmail or gmail buttons on the right if you have either of those e-mail accounts. Set e-mail to <yourkindleusername>@free.kindle.com> to get no charge wi-fi delivery. Select MOBI and check or uncheck "Auto send" for automatic delivery (you'd check it if you ever intend to read Calibre-generated newspapers or magazines). Make sure your Kindle's wireless is turned on whenever you send mobi ebooks in Calibre.
- If a 3G Kindle, Set up Amazon to have a 3G personal document charge limit of $0.00 so you don't accidentally get a charge when you're not in wi-fi range (unless you don't mind the charge).

Automatic e-mail delivery would be best: convert your ebook et voila, it's on your Kindle. But it looks like Calibre only does this for news (see description in Calibre Preferences --> Sharing books by email). You can maybe ask Kovid if there's a way to make Calibre automatically send any new mobi content (not just newspapers and magazines).
jj2me is offline   Reply With Quote