Thread: Library names
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2011, 11:46 AM   #11
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Is there a device ID available from somewhere?

I was just looking for some way to say that Kindle X is attached so that I could recognize it the next time it attaches to present just its configuration settings. If the device had no ID I guess I would default to using a default name and present/update the default settings.

I don't know if metadata.calibre is the right place for it (I see it uses a straight list of books so I don't know if you could add a new key without messing up anything that reads it. That might not be many programs - it would break my 1.3.3 version, but not my next one if I ever get it done )

If a uuid was saved, it might need a name too, although that might not be needed in my case (I would just present settings based on which Kindle was attached and save according to uuid and library uuid). I notice in kiwidude's Book Sync plugin he also mentions lack of multiple device support. I think he just uses 1 list to sync whichever Kindle is next attached. To use multiple would require presenting a list to select from - and choosing from 1aX7 versus 2b84 might not be intuitive to users
meme is offline   Reply With Quote