View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 12:04 PM   #41
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
If you liked Mr. Penumbra, I recommend the non-fiction book The Gutenberg Revolution, by John Man. It's about how Gutenberg developed his printing press, and how printing spread through Europe and the changes it caused. There are byways into history and the popes at the time (who only approved of printing when it printed things they approved of) - anyway, I found it fascinating.

There's also a Kindle Single called Gutenberg the Geek - it's only $0.99, and 20 pages, but it compares the Gutenberg revolution to the internet revolution, and contains some information not in the Gutenberg Revolution.

Anyway, I found both books to be interesting.
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote