View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 11:27 PM   #447
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urdu View Post
I 've just installed firmware 2.4 on my Kobo Glo and using it for an hour or so. So far everything seems to run smoothly. Still there are some options I dearly miss in the current software version:

1. Library Navigation: In firmware 2.1.5 one could open an epub from a shelve, read some pages and return to that same shelve in the same position with 1 click! Somehow this function is removed and now you have to navigate through the main screen to the shelves menu, choose a shelve and search for the same position you were in. That's too complicated. If you have to switch between a lot of epubs for research or for other reasons you'll have a hard time doing so. Please, bring this function back. One way to do it is to change the upper left Home button into a drop-down menu with navigation options: main screen, shelves, etc.
The biggest loss to usability on the device that Kobo have made. This was actually in 2.3.1 and might have in 2.2.1. My suggestion has been to leave the home icon and add the back next to it as a breadcrumb type navigation. Doing this on the Touch is a problem as it has a search icon in the top left corner. Putting the previous/back button next to it isn't quite as logical.
Quote:
3. Annotations: It's great that we can make them but we need some simple ways to get 'm out of the device. Not only for kepubs but for epubs too! Even a simple save to a txt file would be fine. If you can't get your annotations out of the device what's the use of making them anyway.
The annotations for epubs are stored in the database and a file. There is discussion here on how to get the file and use it.
Quote:
5. Pictures: For epubs with pictures, drawings and statistics, a zoom function is indispensable.
Yes please. All those maps at the beginning of fantasy novels are just to small.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote