View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 11:38 AM   #14
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Thanks for the printing information. I currently run two wifi networked printers so I'm assuming I would be able to use them with a chromebook.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumIguana View Post
I have a Chromebook. I haven't tried to print yet. But from what I know about it, you can use printers that are connected to the internet, some new printers connect to the network rather than to the computer. Also, if you have a computer, such as a desktop, that is connected to a printer and the internet, you can send your print jobs to that printer. I haven't yet tried to connect my Chromebook to my desktop, although I have used my Chromebook for remote access to my desktop. The one thing you can't do is to use a printer connected directy to the Chromebook via USB. If your printer has its own IP address or if your printer is connected to a computer on the internet, you can print.

You can use the Amazon Cloud reader, and I believe that you can download books to be read in offline mode, so it's not a pure cloud reader.

I'm pleased with my Chromebook. It starts up fast, and has good battery life. They have added more offline capability, but I mostly use it at home where I have WiFi available.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote