View Single Post
Old 09-02-2007, 11:27 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermighty View Post
I would like some peoples inputs on the best eReader based on formats. I have a lot of txt, rtf and PDF files. Can I just throw them on an SD card and have the sony Reader read them?
In theory at least, yes.

Quote:
Do they need to be converted to some other format first?
They don't have to be, but they'll look a lot nicer if you do convert them to Sony's LRF format, especially the text files, which will have hard line breaks in all sorts of odd places. I'd suggest that you try it and see if the native support is adequate for you.

Quote:
On the iLiad, it seems too expensive, but it does have wifi, a larger screen and html support. Is it worth the price? what's the batter life like?
The iLiad is expensive, certainly. Whether it's too expensive is a matter of personal choice. I love my iLiad. You can read for 10h or so on a battery charge - I recharge mine every 3-4 days.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote