View Single Post
Old 05-18-2020, 03:45 PM   #27
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post
I keep hoping that Kobo will buy out Barnes and Noble in the US like they ended up doing in the UK. I mean sure it was the long way around, but Kobo ended up with whatever was left of BN's UK customers.
If they do that, I hope the keep some of the B&N hardware designers. I like the design of my 2015 Glowlight Plus far more than I do my Clara. And the Glowlight 3 has better orange lighting as you can actually slide it to where the white LEDs are off.

When it comes to My Books/Library, I also like the way B&N offer a cover view on Authors whereas Kobo only shows a list. Multiple books by the same author can be 'stacked' in the Nook Library and it will show a little number to clarify how many books are in that author's stack.

Now why stacked authors are displayed first name last name and unstacked authors are displayed last name, first name is just one of the quirks of the Nook.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200518_144910.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	380.4 KB
ID:	179332  

Last edited by ZodWallop; 05-18-2020 at 03:55 PM.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote