View Single Post
Old 05-17-2019, 09:45 PM   #40
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob_qurika View Post
The font changes needs the server because the 3D UI for Qurika requires very fast bitmapping of the pages to send to the GPU and some preprocessing is needed on the server side to make it fast enough.
Given the recent improvements in mobile processors, might it not be possible to do this locally now?

I added an 800K word book (2.5MB) and "preparing" took forever. So did changing the font after book was loaded. Even KOReader on the PW3 is faster at book loading and changing font sizes than Qurika and KOReader's considerably slower than any of my current iPads. I've used Marvin, MapleRead, Hyphen and iBooks on iOS and all of them pretty much load books instantly.

I expect some performance penalty for the pretty graphics but Qurika seems even heavier on resources than games if it has to offload work to a server.

Also, how do you add non-Calibre OPDS feeds? It seems it's hard-coded to Calibre.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote