View Single Post
Old 05-17-2019, 02:13 PM   #39
jacob_qurika
jacob_qurika ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jacob_qurika ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jacob_qurika ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jacob_qurika ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jacob_qurika ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jacob_qurika ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jacob_qurika ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jacob_qurika ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jacob_qurika ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jacob_qurika ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jacob_qurika ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Qurika on iOS and Android
It has been some time since my last update. I had to step away from Qurika for a few months after the untimely loss we had in the family, but I’m excited to be back on it again. I have some announcements:

First of all: Qurika is now FREE!

All users can now store up to 2000 books in the cloud library for free. This is effective retroactively, so all paid users will receive a full refund for any amount paid towards their subscription. If you want to store even more than 2000 books, contact us and we will increase your limit even further (for free!).

I’ve also just released a new version with many improvements. Please give it a try if you can and let me know what you think. As always, feedback is much appreciated!

(Note, I have changed what the pinch gesture does. It used to shut the book, but now instead sets the base zoom level of the book. Two finger swipe up/down is now the gesture that shuts/opens the book.)

Social Login
You can now log in using your Google or Facebook account, so you won’t have to remember passwords. The social accounts are used for authentication only. Qurika will not post any activity to the accounts.

Better Calibre Support
Add books from Calibre using the Calibre Server, directly from the app!

Better (and Adjustable) Screen Space Usage
The reader sizes and positions books so that screen space is much better utilized. You can now read a book in 3D without sacrificing much in the way of page size. If you would like to see more of the edges of the book, simply pinch to set the zoom at the level you want.

Page Scroll
Swipe up or down with one finger to “scroll” through pages. This gives you another fluid way to move around the book.

Page History
Never lose you place in the book. Feel free to explore. Jump around. Scroll forwards or backwards. When you are done, use the history controls to get back to where you were. The controls will show up automatically, or you can bring them up manually by opening the menu.

Fonts
  • Many more fonts to choose from!
  • Font sizes are now normalized so a font size of 100% means the same thing for all books, even if the books that have different default font sizes.
  • Font settings are now remembered, so the next time a book is rendered, it is done with the last chosen setting.
  • Added the ability to force justify a book.

Menu UI
The user interface for the menu has been reworked. It is now displayed as an overlay over the pages and is accessible from anywhere. Tap on the “…” at the bottom of any page to bring up the menu.

Single Handed Usage
Controls and gestures for the reader have been reorganized so that most frequently used ones are accessible while holding the phone in one hand. For example, the menu control is now at the bottom of the screen and can be accessed with the thumb.

Chapters
  • Long chapter names are not cutoff.
  • Better usage of space so chapters are fit with reduced need for zoom out.
  • The chapter tabs have rounded edges.

Other Changes and Subtle UI Touches
  • Pages are now rounded for a more modern look.
  • The UI will execute a subtle zoom out when you are moving around the book to give you a more global view of where you are.
  • The left half of the book now skews to the right, so you can see more of the left edge at the bottom left of the screen to get a sense for how much of the book you have already read.
  • Some camera movements have been made more steady.
  • Reduced the number of onboarding screens and made them context sensitive.
  • The thickness of the book is now fixed to the content of the book and does not change with font size changes.
  • Reworked the UI for uploading books.
  • Increased the lifetime of the login session to a year, so you won’t have to re-login as often.
  • Added the option to clear all downloaded books.

Oh, and DuckieTigger, I’ve made the background of the reader pitch black as you suggested!

Last edited by jacob_qurika; 05-18-2019 at 02:26 PM.
jacob_qurika is offline   Reply With Quote