View Single Post
Old 01-15-2019, 09:09 PM   #6
Psymon
Chief Bohemian Misfit
Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, ADE
If perchance you're curious to actually see what/where it was that I wanted to turn ligs off (and why), it was for this book of mine...

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh....php?p=3419678

I just uploaded a newly-revised version of it -- at least, the "revision" is that I spent these last few years learning type design, and now my book has my own fonts (5 of 'em!) used in it.

It's right in the main title that I wanted to turn off ligs, so that the long-"s" + "t" doesn't turn into the ligature for that. My code for that heading (with my tiny space kludge) is this...

Code:
<h1 class="large red sigil_not_in_toc" style="margin-top:0; margin-bottom: 0.14em; line-height:100%;"><i>&nbsp;Laſ<span style="font-size:0.000001em; line-height:10%;"> </span>t Folio.</i></h1>
You don't even have to trouble yourself to download the book if you want to see how that looks -- in the screenshots I provided in the post, one is of the title page, where you'll see in the main title, where it says "Laſt Folio," the long-"s" + "t" does NOT come out as a lig (as it otherwise would).

Wish I could just turn the ligs off temporarily in some easy way -- but oh well, perhaps the solution I came up with will help someone else out somehow, too.
Psymon is offline   Reply With Quote