View Single Post
Old 10-06-2018, 06:15 PM   #13
ipsofacto
ipsofacto began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
If an ISBN (identifier) is used, that takes precedence . If it is wrong, then No Match is common (Delete that and try with just the author and title)
To few GOOD metadata sources, limits your chances. As this thread shows: sources can go bad until the source plugin author knows to adjust for site change. Kovid does the built ins when someone pipes up here. If you use a 3rd party Plugin (from the index), make a comment in THAT plugins thread.
Thanks.
I dunno. Probably haven't used Calibre in a number of months but the other day i launched and updated. I'm spending a lot of time typing in tags and trying to type in an authors name or title that'll snag me a match. Is there anyway to go back to some version from around 4-5 months ago?

Aprops to nothing. Like probably many people, I got a s***tload of software, apps. I just want them to work intuitively and yet stuff like Calibre or VLC for example have a literal rats nest of preferences that all interact with each other. VLC used to play everything, now it plays jack and I'm not interested in having to get a PHD in software preferences. Just let me click on something then bloody well work, lol.

I think these programmers. developers are geniuses. I sure as hell can't fathom how they do what they do. But as the end user, I just want these things to do what they say they do in at least just the superficial level I use at. If I open a video file, I don't want to see a blank screen, stuttering audio/video or downloading metadata for a book spend 15 minutes dicking around typing in an authors name or title in a certain way hoping it'll produce results.

Last edited by ipsofacto; 10-06-2018 at 06:30 PM.
ipsofacto is offline   Reply With Quote