View Single Post
Old 09-29-2018, 10:32 AM   #4
ipsofacto
ipsofacto began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
I always used whatever the default prefs are. I pretty much use Calibre on a superficial level... making a library and transferring books to my device. I happen to just be noticing that I'm doing a heck of a lot more typing in my own tags for every book than what used to automatically be there on meta searches.

For all I know its the internet's fault or the fault of Amazon, etc, lol.

Also, if you don't mind... I could never understand the 'save to disk' menu items and their purposes.
So I never used the save to disk thing. Whenever I wanted to make backup copies of my Calibre libraries, I would just copy a library folder to another drive where I keep backups.
However, I recall noticing that the size of the original library and the backup copy where different and that a file or two in the original were not in the backup copy I made.
(I'm going from memory because I haven't backed up a library in a long time...I could be wrong)

This had me thinking that maybe the save to disk function behaves similarly to, say, cloning software for making an OS system backup in that you can't just drag and drop that because some system files won't transfer or something. idk.

So long story short. If I want to make a backup copy of a Calibre library, which save to disk menu item should I choose. Or just ignore all the pull down menu items and just click on save to disk itself and that'll do what I'm asking?

Much thanks
ipsofacto is offline   Reply With Quote