View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 09:06 PM   #16428
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool Carolyn Keene (Mildred A Wirt), Lee Child & George R.R. Martin

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
An interesting geographic coincidence concerning my recent reading choices is that Mystery of the Moss-Covered Mansion, Disney at Dawn and One Deadly Sister all took place in Florida and The General's Daughter took place in Georgia!

Disney at Dawn was an enjoyable YA adventure and mystery tale taking place at the Disney World resort complex. This is the second book in the series Kingdom Keepers that I have read. I'll eventually read the entire series.

After reading One Deadly Sister, I went to Smashwords and picked up the balance of the Sandy Reid Mysteries series (3 more books) and am now starting to read Sandy Reid Mysteries #2, The Price of Candy by Rod Hoisington as well as The Quest of the Missing Map (Nancy Drew #19) by Carolyn Keene (Mildred A Wirt).
Yesterday I finished reading One Deadly Sister and realized that I'd gotten so engrossed in it I'd forgotten to even start reading The Quest of the Missing Map. So I got started on it and during a reading break, which is when I usually switch to the 'other' book I'm reading, I realized I had yet to select an 'other' book. So since every time I turn on the TV I see an ad for HBO's Game of Thrones and I've had a copy of A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire #1) by George R.R. Martin for quite a while now, I figured I'd give it a whirl and try reading it. Well, after reading the first 50 pages I decided to abandon it to my 'to be read later maybe shelf'. There were just too many characters to keep straight and they all didn't seem to be doing anything very interesting. So I chose another 'other' book and began reading Die Trying (Jack Reacher #2) by Lee Child. Ahh...much better.

alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote