View Single Post
Old 06-27-2013, 10:00 PM   #9
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
I find it curious to hear about Word people that had difficulty with OpenOffice or LibreOffice. I suppose more recent migrations - if you had finally re-taught yourself Word using the [bleep] [bleep] ribbon interface - then I can see some potential difficulty. But otherwise I find it quite strange.

I went to Word very reluctantly after many years with WordPerfect, and never did really take to Word very much. I later migrated to OpenOffice and found it close enough to Word that I had no trouble. I've since had to use Word for a few things - some technical review work for a publisher - and found it close enough to OO that I barely noticed switching back and forth. The main place that I've noticed any functional/useful difference between OpenOffice/LibreOffice and MS Office is with Excel - and even that is rarely an issue any more.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote