View Single Post
Old 06-27-2013, 11:37 AM   #6
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 7, Sony PRS300, Fire HD8 Tablet
thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by avantman42 View Post
That's configurable. Go to the options, then Language Settings -> Writing Aids and tick Check uppercase words.
Thanks Russell. I was hoping there was something like that because I really do like LO. Appreciate you sharing that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post
I'm still writing in LibreOffice (was using OpenOffice). There are lots of options to control things, but it can take some digging to work out where to find them. avantman42 pointed you to the option you need, but also get yourself familiar with all the details under Tools / Autocorrect Options... there is a lot in there. For example if you were writing for Smashwords publication you might be choosing to disable smart quotes - and so on.

The other thing I have found useful is to set up a spelling dictionary specifically for my writing - adding character names etc. to this dictionary rather than the default one. This way I can easily turn it on and off depending on what I am working on at the time. Whether this is important to you probably depends what else you use your PC for.
Thanks GMW. I will definitely start exploring. Good to know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
I tried using Open Office for awhile, but was so frustrated with trying to get my formatting right that I sprung for Word 2010 and loaded it on my little netbook. It's overkill for what I use it for, but at least I can get it to do what I want it to do, now.
Thanks Becca. Were you doing something different (poems, or anything else requiring unusual formatting) that you had problems with the formatting with OO? I'll just be doing novels (but don't want to run into formatting problems).
Gregg Bell is offline   Reply With Quote