View Single Post
Old 01-16-2008, 01:03 PM   #8
sfernald
Zealot
sfernald doesn't littersfernald doesn't litter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I would more then likely say kill you later. The N95 is just so much the better phone. And it has a lot more features too.
It has more features. But it's not a better phone. Apple has sold 4 million iphones. How many N95s have been sold? There's a reason. Not because it has every feature in the world, but because it's so easy and fun to use.

I've had about 20 phones in my life, and this is the first phone I had where I wasn't wishing for something else, something better. It has replaced my old treo and my ipod. I use it to listen to music 8 hours every day. It is the best ipod there is.

Apple really supports this phone. I had a problem with mine after 5 months (a touch sensor died) and the apple store exchanged it with a brand new one without questions. They provide significant updates to the phone on a regular basis. I have never had a phone that improved so much during the time I owned it.

And in feb, the sdk will be released and there will be an explosion of apps for it. I would expect 100s of wonderful, easy to use, fun applications available.

I have seen the N95 and the interface just sucks. It is just like all other phones, with hard to access menus accessible by clicking the left or right key, just like every phone before it. It just has a ton of features, but they haven't improved the user experience. It's like a really buff guy with tons of muscles that is still stupid - you just can't change stupid no matter how hard you try. Phones shouldn't be a pain to use. They should be intuitive and fun.

Thus, the iphone is superior. Apple is just behind Blackberry now in terms of smart phone sales. Everyone I know that has one loves it. My friend owns a cell phone store and loves it - says it's the best phone he's ever owned (he did jailbreak it and uses it with t-mobile).

So in any case, I think my comment will stand the test of time. I think more likely he will regret purchasing the N95, with the N96 (or whatever) around the corner to take things a different direction in order for nokia to try to catch up with apple.

Last edited by sfernald; 01-16-2008 at 01:06 PM.
sfernald is offline   Reply With Quote