View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 08:40 PM   #59
mobilewilier
Connoisseur
mobilewilier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilewilier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilewilier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilewilier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilewilier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilewilier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilewilier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilewilier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilewilier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilewilier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilewilier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
I don't know if the work's been done yet. It would need to take into account real-world conditions if it is to be useful, since people don't typically sit in a dark room staring at a white document with their iPad cranked to full brightness.

I don't suppose anyone's seen data on the amount of light the frontlit readers put out at low brightness?
I actually did a test last night with my iPad1 vs PW.

I actually find reading the iPad Kindle app, using black screen, white fonts, on lowest brightness (leading fonts to appear grey) quite comforting in complete darkness.

Strangely, the PW, caused more eye strain given that it was a white-ish background with dark font. I used setting 4 for optimal comfort, but it took time for my eyes to get comfortable.
mobilewilier is offline   Reply With Quote