View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 01:43 PM   #6
freewheeling
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZImmortal View Post
It looks like the S2109 can only be charged via the DC jack, which seems completely backwards considering it has a micro USB port and micro USB is fast becoming the standard charging port for such portable devices.

http://tabtimes.com/review/ittech-ma...d-41-ice-cream
Well, that explains why no one would answer that question over on the Lenovo Android site. If I'd known that I'd have probably got something else. As it is, I also seem to have a problem with the screen sensitivity. If you leave your finger an instant too long trying to select text it starts opening a bunch of apps and doing other stuff I never intended. Happens ALL the time. I probably should have bit the bullet and got an iPad. Text selection in general is not handled at all well on the Android.

I wonder if I could use an adapter plug that goes from USB to the pin size used on the charging port? Same voltage but lower amps so it should work, just take more time. Or perhaps I could pair the USB to Pin adapter cord with a fast charging 2amp wall charger? Lower amperage should be safe.