View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 07:20 AM   #40
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkScribe View Post
I did see the huge number of bootlegs cassettes that flooded Flea Markets and later bootlegs CDs - but never vinyl.

I am someone who was once half owner (financed a sibling into it) of a Music Store (seventies) and who has collected several thousand LPs over several decades - often from Flea Markets, thrift shops and classified ads - but have never been offered bootleg vinyl. Bootleg cassettes, and CD/DVDs yes, but never LPs. The production costs for a short run would kill any potential profit.

I am not disputing that they existed - out of China and Russia certainly, but they were so rare that a dedicated collector like myself has never seen one.
Actually, in the 60's-70's there were probably thousands, I had twenty to thirty alone, all vinyl LPs, but wouldn't be the least surprised at few if any making it to Oz... There were at least twenty-thirty for Jefferson Airplane/Starship (I had 5-6), countless for Dylan (I had 3-4) and innumerable for the Greatful Dead who sort of encouraged the taping of their live shows and release on vinyl from fans. Profit was never a part of this scene, it was fannish dedication and they most certainly didn't come from China/Russia, they were made in the US primarily and some in the UK.
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote