View Single Post
Old 08-17-2010, 05:45 AM   #12
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Herley View Post
I'm not sure MobileRead is doing the industry a long-term service by providing a special forum for authors' self-promotion (although I took advantage of it myself for the first time only yesterday). Your decision to publish reviews of Smashwords books is much more positive.
The self-promotion forum was set up to avoid having self-promotion threads floating around all over, in places they didn't belong, and to allow readers, looking for books, a one-stop place to find them. In any case, I would say that Mobileread should think of the needs of its users first, the industry second

As for the original question, yes, I find it mildly irritating if someone keeps plugging something. If I'm not interested, I don't want to keep hearing about it. But it's a delicate balance and I understand it's not easy, seen from the authors side.

Last edited by Ea; 08-17-2010 at 05:47 AM.
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote