View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 06:28 PM   #7
apastuszak
Evangelist
apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, nook Glowlight Plus, Apple iPad Air 2
So, it looks like Whispersync for Voice will sync across devices. So, you CAN use you eInk Kindle and Audible on your phone, which is my use case.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...cId=1000827761

It looks like you'll be able to add narrated audio for as little as $5.99 to any purchased Kindle book.

Now this is the kind of innovation that will keep people from pirating. Add features to make the reading experience BETTER with purchased content, instead of locking up content with DRM that is available for free from "other sources."

I'm guessing not everything is in place for this yet. One of my books is listed as WhisperSync for Voice ready, but won't let me download anything yet. I assume that we're going to need firmware updates and updated Audible apps for iPhone and Android to make it all work.

I've missed reading in bed at night since I went to audiobooks. The ability to keep listening in the car while still reading at home is going to be incredible.

Even though my Kindle Keyboard works fine, I might still buy a PaperWhite just to "reward" Amazon for their rolling out this feature I have been begging for.

I sent Amazon an email 2 years ago, asking for this exact feature. The smart man would have patented it, and sold the patent to Bezos and Co.

Last edited by apastuszak; 09-06-2012 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Added link
apastuszak is offline   Reply With Quote