View Single Post
Old 11-15-2011, 04:51 AM   #3
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
Yes, I did only use Lua for prototyping right now. Your characterization is quite right: it's lightweight. I would not say "fast", though, but that's a relative term anyway. It's easy to interface from C code (I would even go as far as saying it's fun to do so).

I think you can get a quick impression of it by looking at the "reader.lua" file.

As for the UI, I always found Qt to be a bit sluggish. So I was even thinking of implementing my own UI. I'm not too sure about that, however, since it would definitely be more work than just relying on Qt standard dialogues. Qt/qvfb would also be indeed a great help.

Thanks for the tipp regarding the muPdf problem in newer revisions. I'll have a look at it.

Edit/Addendum: Hm, maybe integrating it into CoolReader would be an option. I'll have a look at it. However, there doesn't seem to be an up to date source code dump available right now. It's based on Qt.

Last edited by hawhill; 11-15-2011 at 09:18 AM.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote