View Single Post
Old 01-10-2020, 04:41 PM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewpat View Post
So I had a credit for some walmart (kobo) ebooks that I used to purchase a couple books... but I don't have a Kobo. I have a kindle. I'm trying to figure out how to get said books from my kobo account over to my kindle device.

I have the kobo windows desktop client installed as well as calibre and adobe digital editions all installed.

The problem is I have no idea how to use these 3 programs to do what I'm trying to do and I can't seem to find any kind of walkthrough anywhere.

My apologies if one exists already. Could someone point me in that direction if so? Thanks!
Head to the Kobo site and log in. Use the dropdown under "My Account" and go to "My Books". To download a book, click the ... under Actions at the end of the line for the book and select download. If it is DRM freee, simply download it, import into calibre, convert to azw3 and send to your Kindle.

If it is DRMmed, you will need to use ADE to download it (I'm assuming that you have ADE installed and an Adobe account set up). Before importing to calibre, install and configure the DeDRM plugin. See DeDRM plugin for calibre to obtain the file and read the instructions on that page. Once the DeDRM plugin is setup, you can import the epub from the My Digital Editions directory, convert and send.

As an alternate, you can use the Kobo Desktop app to download your books and use the Obok plugin to import them to calibre.

Either way works but I prefer the manual download to allow me to use the same process when purchasing books from other sites.

FWIW, the above advice is close to the limit for discussion of DRM removal on MobileRead.

Edit: Never stop in the middle of a message to grab a quick coffee....

Last edited by DNSB; 01-10-2020 at 04:42 PM. Reason: Never stop in the middle of a message to grab a quick coffee....
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote