View Single Post
Old 08-08-2007, 06:16 AM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
As technology advances, there will continue to be improvements and tweaks and minor enhancements.

If the Reader, based upon your own needs, will fulfill those needs right now and will do so based upon the cost of entry for you, then -- in my opinion - you should check out the Reader right now.

Are you aware of the recent specials Sony has had regarding pricing?

There will always be something out there that will be somewhat different in the way it implements things and in its capabilities.

Also, the Cybook Gen3 will supposedly be released sometime in September (?).

For all the units of choice you might consider, look at group support, as well. What unit seems to have a lot of interest? How do I read? What books are already out there for this [read: any] unit? Are the books that ARE out there formatted the way I like them? What formats will a reader support? Are there newer, even more propriatary formats I have to contend with? How difficult is this unit to use [learning curve], how much do the books cost, are there already free books available for my unit, what is the history of the company I'm going to be sleeping with for awhile, etc., etc. --- so many questions, really, that only you can answer.

Whatever you buy, expect your reader to be outdated shortly, for prices to perhaps drop, and for competition (in my opinion) to heat up.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote