View Single Post
Old 05-05-2013, 08:39 AM   #4
book64
Love reading
book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 8 mobile. Samsung 8 and 10 Tablets
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by loximuthal View Post
Main question is, are your two calibre installations (PC & laptop) pointing at the same library? I.e. does your laptop calibre look at the library you originally created on your PC?

It is certainly possible to do this, but you must be careful to never have both calibre's running at the same time. If you can avoid that, there is no problem to having calibre installed in both places. That's actually my set up.

Also, some more details about what you have done, especially on the laptop, would be helpful for people here to help you out.
Are both calibres linked in some way then to cause problems?

OK what I did I followed calibre website instructions... Copied my desktop PCs calibre folder to documents on the laptop. I then installed calibre.
Opened it thinking it would ask where the calibre books folder was
Instead it opened with 35 books in it. I have 2,000.
Clicked on restore library. No change.
Opened calibre again. I now have no books in it at all. Pointed it to the calibre books folder
But it just said that is already the calibre folder
So stuck now

Also it does not show my plug ins and colums
book64 is offline   Reply With Quote