View Single Post
Old 07-06-2010, 11:23 PM   #5
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
Michael Hart is one of the principals for this. I don't believe the numbers he claims for it. For example, he claims there are 112,000 books from PG, but about when I go to the PG site, I see there are actually about 33,000 at PG, and substantially less at the other PG sites in other countries. I once looked at a few of these PDFs and found them to poorly converted from text files. IMHO this is a publicity stunt by Michael Hart after he was ignored by Google when they started the Google Books project. He's always been trying to claim that this has more books than Google, but these collections are spotty, with a lot of duplication and often poor quality.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote